Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Went to the lake

Well I had two more firsts yesterday. The more positive of the two was that I got to see some serious mountains for the first time. We went to this big lake (relative to other lakes in Germany) and it borders on Switzerland. I got to see some huge mountains and I hear that I'm going to see even bigger ones! The less positive of the new things was that I got my first sense of European un-modesty. I don't want to go into details but lets just say next time I'm near a lake here I'm going to keep my eyes on either the ground or the hills :P

We got to go up in this lighthouse by the lake and see everything around. It was cool to see the lake and the city around but what was amazing was the huge mountains that were right beside the water. I'm sure there's stuff like that out west in Canada but I've never seen it fore sure. Here's a view of it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mountains must sure seem an unusual site compared to the relatively flat lands around here, eh.

and yeah, I've heard that many Euros tend not to take their state of dress too seriously during those hot summer months ... but, good for you son, to not post any pictures of that on this blog, or even look at those 'naturalists' (at least not for too long), cause for sure Leanne would smack ya a good one, if you did! :-)

been taking the ol Camry for a spin now and then. checked the oil, which was ok, and got gas yesterday, so all is well in that dept. except for the 'serious' noise coming from the right-rear when you hit any kind of bump. might want to get that checked out sometime. Pouring rain here today, but we need it.
see yah.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

I hope you're not too traumatized! lol.

Any idea what the name of that lake is? I would love to see mountains some day.

Anonymous said...

Where's the mountains? I don't see any mountains in that pic. ;-)

I had German food for dinner last night in honour of you. Can you do a post about all of the delicious food you're eating? What is your favourite thing you've eaten so far? Is it kuchen? Have you had any spargle? That was one thing I enjoyed there.

Oh, I think in one post you mentioned you had "eis". You should ask the people where you're staying if they know anywhere you can get spaghetti eis. That was a German delicacy that I particularly enjoyed.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Sprechen-zie jetz deutsch, Marc? (Please excuse grammar & spelling).

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying every post, Marc. So keep on with the pictures and posts!
Love Grandma

Marc said...

Haven't tried any "spargle". Did you mean sprudel? Like the bubbly water?

Glad to hear the Camry still works. I hope everyone's having fun at home!

Joanne (True Blue) said...

We all miss you and Leanne, Marc! But we know you guys are having a great time. It's getting hot here. Going to be around the 30's for the next while.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I meant spargle which is asparagus (white there). I don't know if I spelled it right though. It's probably not spargle season anymore though.