Friday, July 14, 2006

So many castles

We went to see many different castles this past couple days. Two days ago we saw a castle called Hohenzollern and got a tour of it.



Then yesterday we saw three castles that were made by someone by the name of King Ludwig. He spent a whole wack of people's money to build some amazing castles. My favourite one from the outside is Neuswanstein. That's the castle I was looking forward the most to seeing here.



It is so amazing to see. Especially on the edge of the mountains like it is. The picture is nice but it doesn't compare to standing there and smelling the fresh mountain air and hearing all the waterfalls around you. Yesterday we also saw Hohenschwangau and Linderhof. Linderhof was great because it was quite big inside and the tour was actually in english so I understood what was going on for once. Yesterday was probably the best day so far in my opinion because I got to see so many things I've never seen before. I also got to drive through Austria so now I've been in 4 countries! Huzzah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Son ... what a GREAT descriptive account of your recent adventures! It feels like I'm right there with you. So you actually got a 'tour' in English?! awesome! on the other hand I bet you are picking up a lot of German by now. Great pics, but would like to see some REALLY REALLY amazing shots of the MOUNTAINS.... I think your Sister referred to that in an earlier topic ... anyway, glad you're having a fun time, and we all want to hear more about the FOOD! and again ... HI, LEANNE! :-)

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Yes, excellent description! Very poetic, in fact. I like how you've described everything in such detail and appealing to so many different senses.

That castle on the edge of the mountain must be incredible to see.

Yes, please describe the food! Pictures would be good too please!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome castles! When I visit one of those I'm always imagining what it must have been like to live in one! Keep sending the photos. They're great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marc :
What gorgeous photos on here and a very interesting journey you are having - a friend of Mine Cy from N.S. ) his parents were from Austria - I'll bet he'd like to read your comments - maybe I can forward them to him - well enjoy the rest of your trip - talk to you soon
Love, Auntie Adele