Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Munster Zwiefalten

Yesterday we saw probably the most ornate church ever! Those were Leanne's words. She is helping me write this so she doesn't have to update her blog :)

Marc: I really enjoyed going to that church yesterday. There was so much to see there that we could have easily spent the whole day there looking at every sculpture and design there.

Leanne: There was a string quartet playing above, and they were really talented and that made it even cooler! I like the paintings on the ceiling and that pulpit thing.

It has sculptures of the snake with an apple in its mouth, sort of wound around the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It also has a sculpture of Jesus being crucified.

Marc: Not all the paintings and sculptures were very pleasant. There's one St. Sebastian being shot by several arrows and some other martyrs, but they're all very well done.



Overall it was a slower more relaxed day but it was cool to be able to see a church like that, and it was especially interesting because it was in a pretty small town actually.

Oh and since you guys want to hear about food here, we had some authentic Italian pizza yesterday that was almost the size of the table! I wish I had a picture of it. We ordered it from an Italian pizzeria and they brought it over in the original tray they cooked it in. I guess that saves on pizza boxes :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Marc and Leanne ... what amazing pictures and descriptions of that Church! I would love to have seen it with you. You are sure getting to see alot of cool stuff.

The big pizza and how they delivered it was interesting too. if you get another one some time be sure to take a picture with you guys in the background. are you taking any movies?

it's another hot day here, and tomorrow temp is supposed to be 34C
Yikes.

We miss you guys. Marc, check your email about a call from ComDev. That is one of the places my friend at work recommended for job prospects. see yah

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Wow, amazing pics, and I love the dual commentary! Very good idea!!

That was a pretty good start for describing the food, but I need a lot more detail. Toppings, flavour, crust consistency, the works!

My friend Diane was checking your blog. She said that it brought back memories of her trip to Germany a few years ago.

Marc said...

Dave took a picture of the pizza but it was about 85% gone when he took it but you get the idea with the size of the tray.

You Canadian guys complain about the weather too much. Its been over 30 here pretty much every day we've been here and we have no A/C :)

Anonymous said...

hey, German Guy ... who was complaining?! (about the weather). we were bragging, about how nice it is here ... now they just said it will be 35C tomorrow, not 34C. so we're, like, celebrating and dancing on the patio! except we were hoping for 36 or 37C ... maybe a record, 38!!! Now that would be something... so, do you think we should turn off the air conditioning?
ok, maybe I will (when you get home, that is... hahahaha).

Joanne (True Blue) said...

I'm not complaining about the heat either - I'm going to the beach tomorrow!

BTW, Leanne, I like that word "ornate".

Marc said...

I thought I had made a post saying I am in Switzerland now but I guess I dreamed it. Well anyway we're here now and I'll do a post about it very soon.

Glad you're enjoying the heat back home! I enjoyed the cool mountain air today :)