Thursday, July 27, 2006

Off to Austria

Well we're sitting around here in a wind/rain storm so I thought I'd get my blogging time in. It was a really nice day up until recently. We went swimming by the lake and then got home, at which point an unnamed person locked us out of the house (not me). But it was ok because we used one of Leanne's canes to unlock the door through the cat's door :)

The high hasn't been below 30 since we got here so I'm looking forward to either cooler temperatures or A/C when I get home.

A few days ago we went to see the Matterhorn which is the highest mountain in the Swiss Alps. Its over 4000 meters and extremely snowy. Obviously we didn't go up to the top but we went pretty in any case.



Tomorrow we head to Austria and aparently they don't have internet at the place we're staying at so who knows when you'll hear from me again.

6 comments:

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Hey, cool pic! Wow!! Funny story about being locked out. I wonder who the certain someone was??

Hmm... ;)

Very innovative how you got in though.

Knowing you, Marc, you'll find a way to get internet access. If not though, we'll miss your updates. Don't forget a thing! We'll be expecting a big post afterwards!

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome pic!!! Yeah, that story about unlocking the door through the cat door with Leanne's cane made me smile! Did you videotape that?

Have a great time in Austria. Take notes so you can update us next time you have internet.

Marc said...

Oh yeah I filmed it, except the actual unlocking of the door cause I was in their tool shed looking for something longer to reach the lock.

I've taken about 600 pictures so far and Dave has taken even more so I'll have lots to show.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo Marc! It looks like you could fall off at any moment! Have fun in Austria!

Anonymous said...

amazing picture ... looks like you could reach out and touch that mountain. Glad Leanne didn't beat you up for allowing her to lock you guys out of the house. :-)
Have a Great time in Austria, and hopefully it will be a bit cooler there so you get some relief.
Not sure if you'll read this before yo go, but maybe you;ll find some internet cafe or whatever there and can continue your blog soon.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what happened to my post but it isn't here. I said that this picture would make an awesome poster to put in your bedroom, to remind you of your awesome trip.