Monday, August 07, 2006

I like ducks

So i've heard some pretty crazy news back home lately about my sister's plane getting messed up and losing her luggage and my cousin's car getting pelted by rocks from some stupid kids, but I fortunetly it looks like everything is working out alright and everyone is safe so that's really good!

We've been travelling around the area here the past few days and I've seen some pretty cool and crazy things. We were staying at Norbert's cousin's house a couple days ago and and couple weeks ago they had a huge hail storm which was much bigger than the one I was in. They had hail almost as big as baseballs! There was cracked windshields and roofs destroyed all over the place. Every second house has a tarp over it to keep out the weather.

We also went to the Black Forest which is where my aunt lived for a while. Here's a picture from a nice church we went to there:



We had to give up our nice car a few days ago because you can only rent one for 30 days and the one we have now isn't that great but that's alright because we're only here for a few more days anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone back home soon. I miss you all and I'll have lots to show you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that Hail storm sounds nasty! you didn't say if the house you were staying in had roof damage, or how your rental car made out? Hopefully nothing too serious. That church looks nice (and Old).
We're getting into normal mid August weather with lows around 10-13C which is a relief, and the cherry tomatoes are really plentiful. Must be getting close to Camp La Plage time. :-)
Really looking forward to seeing you and Leanne soon.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

That sounds like the biggest hail I've heard of! I hope you got pics of that!

Whose aunt lived in the Black Forest? I'm assuming that was written by Leanne?

Can't wait to see you guys and give you both a big hug!!

Marc said...

As I said in my blog, the hail storm happened a few weeks before we got there so naturally our car is fine :)

It's been really cold here lately too which I can say is a nice change from the brutal temperatures we had before.

Mom, aunt Adele lived in the black forest for a little while.