Thursday, June 22, 2006

Facing the MPAA

No this isn't going to be a post about how the Motion Picture Association of America is suing a single-parent family for downloading a movie. Its about a rating they have applied to a movie called Facing the Giants. This is a movie (which I have not yet seen) about a football coach that uses faith to motivate the players. This movie has been given a PG rating because some topics could be "unsuitable for children"!

When was it decided that faith and mentioning God would be considered equal with violence and brief nudity as some movies with an equal rating have received. I'm not saying that PG is a very severe rating, but it could stop a parent from taking their kids to see it, thinking there is something worse in it.

This is just more proof at how western culture is turning on the very values that founded it and stabbed it with many sharp knives. Oh sorry... I guess I should have warned you this post has a PG rating... because I said God.

1 comment:

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Great post, Marc!

The Canadian Charter of Rights also contains the word "God", so I guess it should have a P.G. rating as well.