Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Conestoga College

Ok so I am quite angry today. Not to the point where I would break something but still quite ticked. I received a check in the mail from Conestoga for $100 today with no explanation given. Normally I would be happy to get a check in the mail but my concern is the no explanation that was given. What I'm worried about is that they decided to fail me in a course and not tell me because the person I talked to said it was probably an overpayment. This is not looking good. So now I'm waiting for a call back from my "records officer" for an official explantion, but I don't have much hope. Work is gonna be rough tonight cause i'm going to be preoccupied with this all night. ARG! How can any organization be this irresponsible and careless with its customers?

Therefore I suggest everyone avoid attending Conestoga College at all costs! They will screw you over so many times. Go to Mohawk or something.

As for the Best Buy problem I had, they let me exchange the DVDs today for a different brand with no problem at all. They may sell bad quality products but at least they have a good return policy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you wish Conestoga College had a return policy!

Anonymous said...

I'll burn down the college for you if you wish... umm... by... accident...